Coronavirus / COVID-19 Update - Our measures to protect staff and guests
Hospitality is ultimately about the warmth of human connection and interaction; however, things will need to look and feel a little different for a while.
While you have been waiting for your next travel adventure, our small team here at the London Town Hotel has been working hard to make stay with us safe and enjoyable.
Please see some of the main measures that we already have in place to put your mind at ease. These measures will be under continued review as per government and health guidelines:
- Our small team have received training in staying safe at work and will comply with protective measures recommended by global governing bodies. Regular hand washing is now the new normal habit. Our team will all adhere to this before, during and after their shifts. The team will continue to monitor their own health daily and we are able to perform temperature checks to all staff and guests if needed.
- Hand sanitisers in automatic touch free dispensers, will be available in key places around the hotel for both team and guests to use. We will specifically ask our guests to use this facility upon entering the hotel.
- We have installed a protective screen at the reception desk to ensure we can continue to provide the best service as safely as possible. We encourage our guests to continue to interact with the reception team.
- Where a protective screen is not in place our team have been instructed to 'back away' in order to adhere to social distancing gaps of a 1 metre. We appreciate your understanding of this.
- In order to help maintain social distancing around the hotel we will encourage those that can to only use the elevator to go up and use the stairs to come down.
- House keeping hours will be limited to between 10.30 am – 1pm. Guests will be required to leave the room if they would like the room to be serviced.
- We have always had a rigorous cleaning and hygiene routine. Our housekeeping team will now pay even more attention around high 'touch points' – door handles, lift buttons, light switches in both the rooms and main areas of the hotel. Our cleaning products are approved effective against viruses and bacteria.
- All linen will be thermally disinfected off site by our commercial linen supplier. Thermal disinfection is the preferred process for the Healthcare industry and is known to kill any virus. In fact, our linen provider operated to this standard prior to Covid-19, so we are confident that our linen is safe for guest use.
We want to reassure our guests and team members that we have taken every measure possible to keep everyone safe without losing the essence of 'hospitality'.
Now more than ever, small independent hotels such as ours depend on you - our wonderful guests' continued custom and understanding.
We hope to welcome you through our open doors soon!